Parish Council meetings July and August
Notes for The Plough July/August 2018
We have had two meetings since the last edition of The Plough. Your Parish Council has been working hard on your behalf. We have been drawing up our asset list and repairing and repainting benches and noticeboards in the villages. We have been very fortunate to have several expressions of interest in the role of Parish Councillor and in July we welcomed Jane Phillips-Kelly to the Council as a co-opted member of the team for Averham. Others are waiting until after the summer break. Thank you to everyone for coming forward to help us, your time is much appreciated.
At the July meeting, two members of the public attended and among the topics discussed were:
- Planning – always a hot topic at our meetings and Cllr Steve Emeny attended a course on this to help us in our decision making.
- Cars speeding through the village of Averham. We noted that there will be a traffic survey by VIA in late August and we discussed other options.
- Update on Staythorpe power station from a meeting which was attended by Cllr Cobley and Cllr Emeny. There will be testing which will start on the 29th August 2018. This may result in a higher level of noise while the new generator is commissioned.
- Potholes in our village lanes continue to be monitored and reported.
It was decided to meet again on 13th August. One member of the public was in attendance on this occasion and it is good to see our residents using the Parish Council and keeping us informed of concerns. Our discussions included the following:
- Planning issues.
- Update on the maintenance of the defibrillators in the villages.
- Our Parish Council Website, currently undergoing a revamp by the Clerk and Councillors.
The next meeting is on Tuesday 11th September at 7.00 pm in the Robin Hood Theatre in Averham.
- 01636 674169
Find The Plough
Kelham, Kelham, Newark, Nottinghamshire